This page is designed to help you solve any technical issues that might arise while you are using or trying to access any of our online resources such as Pac, the online catalog, databases within the Research Center, or other online services.
If you are still having problems after following the tips on this page, please do one of the following:
- Call the Library at 826-3712;
- Fill out a Research Center problem form;
- Fill out an Pac problem form;
- Or email a librarian.
For the best results, make sure you are using the most current version of your selected browser. For example, if you are using Internet Explorer, the most recent version is 8.0.
Barcode number and password
You must have a valid Library card in order to access most of the Library's online services.
Barcode number - You must enter your barcode number from the back of your Library card to access the Research Center and to place holds or view your record in Pac. Please enter either all 14 digits of your library card barcode number or the last 6 digits of your library card barcode number without spaces or dashes. Using OverDrive through Kentucky Libraries Unbound requires your full barcode without spaces or dashes.
Password - Your password is at least 4 alphanumeric characters long and does not contain any special characters. Your password is usually set up when you apply for a library card. If you would like to reset it, please call the Library at 826-3712. Your password should be entered without spaces or dashes and is case sensitive.
Patrons who use firewalls, Internet filters, antivirus software, or other computer security programs may experience problems accessing Pac or the Research Center. Please disable these programs and try again. This may solve your problem.
- You must enter your barcode number and password to place holds, renew, and access other areas of your account. If you receive the message "The system was unable to log you on. Please check your barcode and password.", please contact the Library and verify your barcode number and password.
- There is a simple, online tutorial for Pac that may answer some of your questions about how Pac works.
- Login difficulties:
- Be sure to select Henderson County Public Library as your library.
- Type in your complete library barcode (no space or dashes).
- Type in your library password in the box labeled PIN (password is case sensitive).
- Patrons with overdue library materials (books, CDs, DVDs, etc.) will be blocked from borrowing digital materials.
- Unable to Upgrade Windows Media Player Security in OverDrive Media Console:
- Visit http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp and follow the instructions.
- Unable to transfer Adobe PDF/EPUB eBooks to a portable eBook device:
- Make sure you are using a compatible eBook reader by reviewing the compatible devices at http://www.overdrive.com/resources/drc/compatibleebookdevices.aspx.
- Make sure you have authorized your version of Adobe Digital Editions application by clicking on Library menu option, selecting Authorize Computer…, and following the instructions. Authorization requires signing up for a free Adobe ID.
- To transfer a book, simply drag-and-drop the book onto your device within the Adobe Digital Editions application.
- Barnes & Noble NOOK (non-color) users may have to delete the .adobe-digital-editions folder from the NOOK.
- Close Adobe Digitial Editions.
- Open My Computer or Computer,depending on your Windows version.
- Open the NOOK's device.
- Find and delete the .adobe-digital-editions folder.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- Reauthorize the NOOK.
- Sony Reader users must install and use Sony Reader Library software to download and transfer books.
- Unable to transfer to an Apple portable device:
- Make sure the digital item you are trying to transfer is able to be placed on an Apple portable device by looking at the Plays on: icons in the item's record.
- WMA Audiobooks and music require a Windows computer to transfer to an Apple portable device. Apple computers can only transfer MP3 Audiobooks from OverDrive.
- Make sure you have the most recent version of Apple iTunes installed.
- Make sure you have Manually manage music and videos enabled for your device (Instructions).
- Unable to transfer to a Zune portable device:
- Transfers to a Zune device require Zune software to be installed.
- Transfers also require the most recent Zune firmware to be installed. Please follow the instructions on Microsoft's support page to upgrade firmware.
- Make sure all other applications that use the Zune are closed, except OverDrive Media Console.
For a complete list of OverDrive help topics, please visit OverDrive's Media Help page.
- You must enter your barcode number and password to access the resources in the Research Center. If you receive this message after entering this information, "The system was unable to log you on. Please check your barcode and password.", please contact the Library and verify your barcode number and reset your password.
- Patrons with expired library cards or Internet Courtesy cards may not access the Research Center or other online services from outside the Library. Patrons with expired cards may visit the Library and re-instate their library cards. Examples of library cards that expire after one year are 1) cards issued to patrons who live outside of Henderson County, and 2) patrons who have been issued a Professional Courtesy card.
- Make sure that your browser settings are set to accept cookies. How?
You may encounter web pages that ask for a username and password. This is normal if you are browsing the following resources:
- World Family Tree
- Genealogy Library
While the library has purchased complete access to most of the areas within the above listed resources, that access is only available from within the library. Unless you have purchased an online subscription to these databases, you can only access the free sections of these databases from home. The individual companies that sell these online resources will not allow the library to give you full access from home.