Passport Services (Appointment Only)
How to Obtain or Renew a Passport
The library processes passport applications by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment, please call 270-826-3712. Customers should allow 30 minutes for the appointment. If customers are more than 15 minutes late for their passport appointment, the appointment will be cancelled, and customers must reschedule. Please note that we do not accept same-day appointments.
We offer the following passport support services:
- Issue new passport books for international travel, by land, sea, or air
- Issue new passport cards for travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda, by land and sea only
- Issue passports for minors
- Assist with passport renewals and replace damaged or lost passports
- Assist with correcting printing errors or name changes in current passports
Fees & Payments
Rates for passport services are set by the Department of State. Passport fees vary. The chart below details some of the most common passport services and their fees.
|Required Acceptance Fee
|Adult Passport Book, new or renewal
|New Minor Passport Book
|Adult Passport Card, new or renewal
|New Minor Passport Card
- At the appointment, customers will make multiple payments; one payment to the library for the execution fee and seperate payments for each application to the Department of State for the passport fee. Making one payment for multiple applicants to the Department of State may delay applications.
- Customers may not pay with cash, card, or starter checks. Acceptable forms of payment include personal check, money order, traveler's check, company check, treasury check, cashier's check, and certified check.
What to Bring to Your Passport Appointment
Customers must bring all of the following items to their passport appointment:
- Current photo ID with signature (example: driver's license or government ID)
Evidence of Citizenship (example: state-issued birth certificate, previously issued passport, naturalization certificate, certificate of citizenship, consular report of birth abroad)
CUSTOMERS MUST BRING ORIGINALS OR OFFICAL COPIES OF EVIDENCE OF CITIZENSHIP DOCUMENTS. PHOTOCOPIES AND HOSPITAL BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Passport Photo
- Separate payments to the US Department of State for each application
- Payment to the Henderson County Public Library for execution fee(s)
- Completed application (applications can be obtained at the library's front desk or at travel.state.gov)
Forms & Photo
- HCPL can provide all necessary forms.
- Customers can complete and print the necessary forms ahead of time at travel.state.gov.
- Customers must provide their own photo that meets the following guidelines:
- Taken within past 6 months
- 2x2 color photo on plain white or light background
- From shoulders up with a clear view of face
- No hats, uniforms, or glasses
- Have a neutral, non-exaggerated facial expression
- Applicant only
Please Keep in Mind
- The applicant must be present at the time of the appointment.
- Customer's processing times vary. Please visit travel.state.gov for current routine and expidited processing times.
- Adult passports are valid for 10 years. Minor passports are valid for 5 years.
- Both parents or all legal guardians of a minor must be present for minor passport services under 16. One parent must be present for applicants between 16 and 17.
- Applications for applicants under 18 where parents/guardians sign the application must submit a birth certificate or similar document establishing acceptable proof of parental relationship for the applicant, even if the applicant has a previous passport.
- Not all passport services require the customer to visit a passport acceptance facility. Some can be executed by the passport holder via mail.
For more information on passport services, visit travel.state.gov. Customers can also contact the National Passport Information Center directly toll-free at 1-877-487-2778 or via email at NPIC@state.gov.
Passport Appointment Hours
Appointment availablility is subject to change. Appointments are not available when the library is closed or on federal holidays.
||9 am - 4 pm
||9 am - 7 pm
||9 am - 4 pm
||9 am - 4 pm
||9 am - 4 pm
||9 am - 12 noon